The Children’s Ministry at SAUMC is called to:
- Demonstrate and shine a light on God’s love and grace to the children of our church and community
- In partnership with parents and families, provide spiritual guidance and mentoring to children in the core truths of our faith
- Develop crucial faith skills necessary for children to have stronger, deeper, and more authentic relationships with God
- Empower children in ministry and service to each other, the church family, our community, and the world
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- HEAR (Listen to God’s Words): Read and listen to what God has to tell us through His Word
- PRAY (Dialogue with God): Connect with God by showing gratitude, apologizing, and expressing feelings
- TALK (Articulate the faith): Talk about our faith with others to learn more and to tell others about Jesus
- LIVE (Worship with your life): Living life in a way that honors God
For more information about any of these programs or how to get involved in Children’s Ministry at SAUMC, please contact the Director of Children’s Ministry Sally Young at email@example.com
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICES
Children’s Worship Materials: Children’s worship materials are available in the Children’s Corner of the narthex. You will find Bible coloring books, crayon pouches, clipboards, sermon notes, children’s Bibles, and seasonal activity sheets for your use.
Children’s Message: Children will engage with God’s Word during the Children’s Message offered at the beginning of the 8:30am and 11:00am services in the main sanctuary. This message is geared toward children in grades K-5, but all children are invited to participate. At the completion of the Children’s Message, children will either return to their families to participate in the remainder of the worship service or participate in W.O.W. (Worship Our Way)
W.O.W. (Worship Our Way): Children in Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to participate in Worship Our Way, a parallel worship service held the 1st and 3rd Sundays that includes music, prayer, and scripture and mirrors the worship service in the sanctuary. Each week we discuss the purpose of individual components of the Order of Worship so that kids understand what they are experiencing on Sundays when they remain in the sanctuary with their families.
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL: 9:45-10:45am
Team Discovery: During Sunday school, children in grades K-2 gather together for an engaging, relevant, and hands-on lesson from the Bible! Bible stories are brought to life and kids get to experience God’s Word first-hand through music, games, art, and theater. Team Discovery meets downstairs in the children’s hallway.
Club 345: During the Sunday school hour, members of Club 345 gather together for an age-appropriate, engaging, and relevant lesson from the Bible! Bible stories are made personal and children are encouraged to begin to live out God’s Word in their own lives. Club 345 meets downstairs in the children’s hallway.
KIDS ON A MISSION: 1st and 3rd Sundays from 5:00-7:00 pm
Kids on a Mission is designed for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The group meets the 1st and 3rd Sundays from 5:00 until 7:00pm in the Family Life Center unless otherwise specified. Regular events on the KOM calendar include Family Partnership Nights, Missions Nights, Share the Love Sunday events, and community outings. And don’t forget the FUN! Kids on a Mission and the SAUMC Youth Group play games together in the gym at the beginning of most evenings! Supper is provided.
Our Children’s Ministry is active in church-wide outreach and missions projects. We traditionally participate in events such as Relay for Life, Live Nativity, Turkey Tree, Angel Tree, caroling, etc.
Please check the church events calendar for more information about ongoing events and missions at SAUMC.
Each year our Children’s Ministry hosts several special events for members of our church and community. Please plan to join us for our Spring Fling and Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, and Christmas Program.
As a Christian community of faith and a United Methodist congregation, St. Andrews United Methodist Church (“SAUMC”) is committed to providing a holy place of safety and security for all Children and Youth who participate in ministries and activities sponsored by SAUMC. Click the icon to learn more.