The Children’s Ministry at SAUMC is called to:
- Demonstrate and shine a light on God’s love and grace to the children of our church and community
- In partnership with parents and families, provide spiritual guidance and mentoring to children in the core truths of our faith
- Develop crucial faith skills necessary for children to have stronger, deeper, and more authentic relationships with God
- Empower children in ministry and service to each other, the church family, our community, and the world
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment, using engaging, age-appropriate ways to teach Children about Jesus
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I am BIG enough to do BIG things.
- HEAR (Listen to God’s Words): Read and listen to what God has to tell us through His Word
- PRAY (Dialogue with God): Connect with God by showing gratitude, apologizing, and expressing feelings
- TALK (Articulate the faith): Talk about our faith with others to learn more and to tell others about Jesus
- LIVE (Worship with your life): Love others as Jesus loves us
For more information about any of these programs or how to get involved in Children’s Ministry at SAUMC, please contact the Director of Children’s Ministry Stacey Thomas at email@example.com.
Beginning Sunday, October 15, 2023 our children will be following a new time schedule. This gives families an opportunity to:
- settle young children in the nursery a few minutes before 9am until noon
- worship at either service – 9am OR 11am
- catch an adult class (three options!)
- engage our children throughout the morning as they learn about Jesus and provide hands-on mission work!
9:00am – Non-traditional Worship in Family Life Center Great Room (gym)
9:20am – Children leave worship after Children’s Message and go with Ms. Stacey / Mrs. Mary for Kids on a Mission.
9:30am – Kids on a Mission (until 10:45am)
9:45am – Sunday School for Adults (three class options!)
11:00am – Traditional Worship in Sanctuary
11:15am – Children leave worship after Children’s Message and go with Ms. Stacey / Mrs. Mary for W.O.W.
11:20am – W.O.W. (Worship Our Way)
12:00pm – Everyone heads for home and their own lunches!
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICES
Children’s Worship Materials: Children’s worship materials are available in the Children’s Corner of the narthex. You will find Bible coloring books, crayon pouches, clipboards, sermon notes, children’s Bibles, and seasonal activity sheets for your use.
Children’s Message: Children will engage with God’s Word during the Children’s Message offered at the beginning of the 9:00am and 11:00am services. This message is geared toward children in grades K-5, but all children are invited to participate. At the completion of the Children’s Message, children will either return to their families to participate in the remainder of the worship service or participate in Kids on a Mission or W.O.W.
KIDS ON A MISSION: Each Sunday from 9:30-10:45am
Kids on a Mission is designed for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade. This group meets weekly in the Family Life Center unless otherwise specified. We meet immediately following service from 12-1:45 with lunch provided. Regular events on the KOM calendar include community outreach, fundraising for children driven missions, Share the Love Sunday events, activities to show love within our church family, and community outings. And don’t forget the FUN! Kids on a Mission partners with our youth to learn to grow together.
W.O.W. (Worship Our Way): Each Sunday from 11:20am-12pm.
Children in Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to participate in Worship Our Way, a parallel worship service that includes music, prayer, and scripture and mirrors the worship service in the sanctuary. WOW takes place each Sunday from 11am-12pm.
Our Children’s Ministry is active in church-wide outreach and missions projects. We traditionally participate in events such as Relay for Life, Live Nativity, Turkey Tree, Angel Tree, caroling, etc. Please check the church events calendar for more information about ongoing events and missions at SAUMC.
Each year our Children’s Ministry hosts several special events for members of our church and community. Please plan to join us for our Spring Fling and Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, and Christmas Program. Check out our Events Page for all upcoming events!
As a Christian community of faith and a United Methodist congregation, St. Andrews United Methodist Church (“SAUMC”) is committed to providing a holy place of safety and security for all Children and Youth who participate in ministries and activities sponsored by SAUMC. Click the icon to learn more.